Information for veterans
Parks Canada supports the Government’s initiative to help Veterans and released Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) personnel to find meaningful employment in support of a successful transition from military to civilian life.
At Parks Canada, we give Veterans preference for appointment when they apply for jobs that are open to the public if they:
- worked for the CAF for at least three years before being honourably released;
- do not have an indeterminate job with the government; and
- it has been less than five years since they were honourably released from the CAF.
The preference only applies to the following job categories:
- Engineering and scientific support;
- Architecture and town planning; and,
- General labour and trades.
In order to be considered for a job, Veterans must:
- not be an indeterminate public servant;
- meet the qualifications and the conditions of employment for the job; and
- be in the “Area of Consideration” - the who can apply section of the job poster.
How to apply
- Create a profile on www.jobs.gc.ca
- Enter your Service Number (SN)
Once you have completed the above, your SN is validated with the Department of National Defense through the www.jobs.gc.ca system. It is then given to the hiring manager with your application.