Plan your visit
Situated on New Brunswick’s west coast in charming St. Andrews-by-the-Sea, St. Andrews Blockhouse overlooks the harbour, offering stunning views of the Bay of Fundy tides. Plan to spend an hour touring the site and park-like grounds. St. Andrews is a 30-minute drive from US/Canada border (between Calais, Maine and St. Stephen, New Brunswick). It’s a 1.25 hour drive from Saint John, and two hours from the Fredericton airport.;
LocationSt. Andrews Blockhouse National Historic Site
23 Joes Point Road
Saint Andrews, NB E5B 2J7
- June - August: 506-529-4270
- September - May: 506-636-4011
Travelling by car
The site is located in St. Andrews, New Brunswick. The town is:
- 30 minute drive east of Calais, Maine.
- 1 hour drive west of Saint John, New Brunswick.
When travelling on Route 1:
- Turn south onto Highway 127 at Exit 14 or 29;
- Drive for 10-15 minutes until you reach Reed Avenue;
- Turn right at Harriet Street and right again at the bottom of the street;
- Watch for local signs indicating the Blockhouse.
Hours of operation
Open from June 1 to August 31 - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Free admission in 2017!