Vintage Parks Canada Ice Rink
The Vintage Hotels & Parks Canada Ice Rink will be making its return this winter for its second season. The rink is located in the Fort George National Historic Site parking lot and is free for all to enjoy. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday Vintage Hotels will offer concessions, skate rentals and helmets within our operating hours. Skate rentals include size 7 girls and 11 boys to size 12 adult. Come join us on Friday and Saturday evening to see the rink really light up under the stars and our twinkle lights or warm yourself next to our fire pits. Check our Facebook page for updates on the ice condition, rink closures, special holiday hours and any special events that might be going on this season.
Ice Rink Hours
Starting December 1st
Monday – Thursday: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m., 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Concession and Skate Rental: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., 2 p.m. – 5 p.m., 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Concession and Skate Rental: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Concession and Skate Rental: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Special Holiday Hours
Christmas Eve: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Christmas Day: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Boxing Day (Dec 26): 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
New Year’s Eve: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
New Year’s Day: Noon – 4 p.m.
Ice Rink Rules
- All participants must wear skates on ice surface
- No food or drink is permitted on the ice surface
- No horseplay or games
- No balls, pucks, hockey sticks on the ice
- No sleds or strollers
- Children 12 or under must be supervised by an adult at least 18 years of age
- Refrain from carrying children
- Please skate at a sensible speed
- Do not throw ice or snow
- Do not jump over ropes or barriers
- No chain skating
- Report all incidents to staff members at trailer
- Respect other skaters and rink staffs directions
Please note all children aged 12 and under must be wearing a CSA approved helmet while on the ice. Aids may be used and beginners are encouraged to use the center ice.