Pine Lake Cabin Rentals
The Patrol Cabin/Aurora Cottage
Our historic patrol cabins are located near the shores of Pine Lake, WBNP’s main recreation area, in a quiet spot where you can relax in your own peaceful setting. Options for hiking, biking, paddling, swimming and dark sky gazing are all close by!
Fees/All Cabin rentals include/What you should bring/What you should know/Reservation Policies
The Pine Lake cabins overlook beautiful Pine Lake. Enjoy the rustic style and cozy comfort of cottage living!
The cabins are available for advance booking. Cabins can be reserved from the Friday of Victoria Day long weekend in May until September 30.
The Patrol Cabin and Aurora Cottage: $100 per night
Reservation Fee: $13.50
Change or cancellation fee: $13.50
See Reservation Policies for more details on fees.
The minimum length of stay for cabin rentals is 2 nights.
Reserve by calling (867) 872 – 7960 or by visiting the WBNP Visitor Information Centre in Fort Smith, NT. The cabins are available for reservation beginning April 1.
Both Cabin rentals include
- Picnic table
- BBQ hibachi/fire pit
- Beds (for 4 - twin bunk bed, double bed)
- Cookware (pots and pans)
- Dishes and utensils for 4+ people
- Two-burner hot plate (propane)
- Dish cloths and towels
- Battery powered lamps
- Kitchen table and chairs (4), living room chair and loveseat
- Wood burning stove and wood
- Window coverings
- Broom, mop, cleaning supplies, dish soap
- Cupboards and shelves for food storage and personal items
- Screened in porch with furnishings
- Dark Sky Observation Circle (use is for guests staying at either cabin)
- Fire extinguisher, smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms
What you should bring
- Bedding (sleeping bags, blankets and pillows)
- Weather-appropriate clothing, flashlight, rain gear, sun-screen, insect repellent and camera
- Food and drinks (drinking water is not provided)
- Large jugs of water for drinking, cleaning etc
- Cooler (no fridge in cabin)
- Inside slippers or shoes for comfort and keeping the cabin clean
- Matches or lighter and other supplies to start a fire
- First Aid Kit
What you should know
- No plumbing or running water in cabins
- No power except for propane two-burner hot-plate
- Outhouse located near cabins
- Smoking is not permitted in the cabins
- Cabins are equipped with wood stoves as a heat source. Please be aware of user manual instructions found in the cabin
- Cellular phone service and Wi-Fi is not available at Pine Lake
- Cabins are located 60 km south of Fort Smith
- Minimum age to rent a cabin is 18 years
- All park and campground rules apply
- The Patrol Cabin is pet-friendly and Aurora Cottage is pet-free.
- Campfires are not permitted on the Dark Sky Observation Circle
- Potable water available at the Pine Lake Campground
- Payment required at time of reservation, see Reservation policies
- The Patrol Cabin and Aurora Cottage are located beside each other with a small buffer of trees between the sites.