Before you set out to winter camp in the park, there are a few things you should know:
- Park at P2 for winter camping.
- Tent camping is available in the Tamarack area of the campground.
- Camping is on a first come first serve basis. Self register at the kiosk found at P2.
- Fee for Winter Camping is $15.70 per site/ per night. Exact change is required. Please Self register at the Cyprus Office winter kiosk.
- Potable water is not available. Bring in your own water, purifying process or boil water prior to using.
- Purchase firewood from one of the local suppliers as it is not available for purchase in the campground.
- Toilet facilities offered are pit privies.
- Please pack out any garbage.
Winter conditions can be dangerous - be prepared and cautious.
Emergency response is limited during winter.
- Arrive prepared! Winter services are limited in Tobermory and the park.
- Cell phone reception is not reliable.
- Make a trip plan and share it with someone.
- Winter activity is more strenuous and daylight hours are short. Watch your time.
- Be alert for exhaustion and hypothermia.
- The shoreline becomes icy, especially at the Grotto/Indian Head Cove. The ice is often covered by snow. DO NOT APPROACH THE EDGE!
- Monitor weather closely as winter conditions and snow depths are highly variable.
Map of winter access
Printer friendly version of the Bruce Peninsula National Park (PDF - 1000 kB)