Experience nature through this hobby and find species in their habitat. Early and late in the day is usually the best time for photography and nature watching. Please treat the landscape and its inhabitants with respect; stay on established trails to avoid trampling vegetation and always give wildlife plenty of space.
*NEW* Canada 150 Photo Contest
To celebrate Canada 150, Point Pelee NP will hold a photo contest for visitors. The contest will be open from January 1, 2017 to October 31, 2017. Images received will be used for the special 2018 Centennial edition of the Visitor Guide, to support and enhance social media posts and in other publications. A winning image may be used as the cover for the 2018 Visitor Guide.
Photographs must be taken in Point Pelee National Park between January 1 – October 31, 2017. The contest is open to all visitors to Point Pelee National Park, with the exception of PPNP staff and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child or sibling). A separate Staff and Family contest will be held, with different prizes. Each participant can enter a total of 5 images. Photographers will retain all rights to their photos and they will be credited and/if their image is published (including social media).
Prizes will be award in 5 categories:
1. Best Selfie
2. Family Fun
5. Getting Active in the park
The winner in each category will receive at one-night stay in a Parks Canada oTENTik at Point Pelee National Park and a Point Pelee National Park prize package (Value at $175).
Official contest rules
1. The contest is open to all visitors of Point Pelee National Park, with the exception of Parks Canada staff and their immediate staff members (spouse, parent, child or sibling)
2. Five photo entries maximum per person.
3. Photos must be submitted via email as an attached file to email@example.com. All photos must include an entry/release form and be clearly named, as outlined on the entry form. High resolution JPEG format is preferred. Photo resolution must be high enough that photos display clearly at an 8”x10” size. For images larger than 5MB, please contact the park at firstname.lastname@example.org for an alternative entry method.
4. The photographer takes responsibility to seek or grant permission for identifiable persons that appear in the submitted photo on the entry/release form.
5. By entering the contest, you grant Parks Canada the right to use all entries in our publications, website, social media sites and in promotional or educational materials. Credit will be given to the photography whenever the image is used and the photographer will retain the copyright of the photo.
6. The contest begins on January 1, 2017 and all submissions must be received by 11:59 pm on October 31, 2017.