2018 Ivvavik Fly-in Base Camp: A Northern Iconic Experience
Climb aboard a Twin Otter bush plane for your Arctic adventure of a lifetime. Fly over the Mackenzie Delta and into the heart of the British Mountains. Hear the stories and experience the culture of your Inuvialuit hosts. Explore the breathtaking mountain wilderness of Ivvavik National Park. Kick back and relax under the midnight sun at a comfortable Arctic base camp. Parks Canada guided Arctic base camp trips make this hiker’s paradise easier to get to.
What does the price include?
- Transportation between the Parks Canada office in Inuvik and the airport
- Charter flights from Inuvik, NT to Ivvavik National Park, YT and return
- Use of Imniarvik base camp facilities including washrooms and bear-safe storage
- Use of camping mattress
- Accommodation in prospector or mountaineering tents
- All meals and snacks
- Guided hikes
- Inuvialuit cultural host
- Northern backcountry use fee
What optional features are available?
- Parks Canada Fishing License (Daily $9.80, Annual $34.30)
Is this trip for me?
The optional interpretative hikes on this experience are of varying lengths and difficulty. There are no marked trails and the terrain varies from fairly flat to hummocky, with some steep and very steep sections. Good waterproof hiking boots with strong ankle support are required for your comfort and safety.
Easy, moderate and strenuous hiking options are available. It is recommended that you have the ability to hike over uneven terrain for a half to a full day.
Pick your dates for 2018!
|June 12 to 16||2|
|June 16 to 20||8|
|June 20 to 24||1|
|June 24 to 28||8|
Base Camp Trip with Herschel Island Stop Over Excursion!
Complete your Arctic Adventure with a visit to the Yukon Arctic coast. Join the Yukon Parks’ Rangers for a tour of the incredible Herschel Island - Qikiqtaruk Territorial Park. Immerse yourself in a land of timeless beauty, northern history, keeping an eye out for a passing whale. For the brave – this is your chance to dip your toe (or more!) in the Arctic Ocean. This tour includes a two hour stop at Herschel Island - Qikiqtaruk Territorial Park.
|June 28 to July 2||6|
|July 2 to 6||6|
7-Day Self-Guided/Non-Catered Dates ($2,700):
Book your self-guided, self-catered backcountry adventure to Imniarvik Base Camp. Stay in a Parks Canada prospector tent (double bed or four bunk bed capacity). Parks Canada facility caretaker staff will be on site along with an Inuvialuit cultural host to answer questions and concerns.
- Mandatory orientation session to Ivvavik National Park
- Transportation between the Parks Canada Office in Inuvik to the airport for the chartered flight
- Chartered flight to and from the base camp
- Use of the base camp kitchen and dining area
- Use of the backcountry utilities micro system (BUMS) washroom facilities
- Backcountry use fees
|July 6 to 12||10|
|July 12 to 18||10|
What is the cost?
- 7-Day Self-Guided/Non-Catered Dates $2,700.00
- 5-Day Catered Trips $3,700.00
- 5-Day Catered Trip with Herschel Island Excursion $4,450.00
- Double length 9 day base camp excursions: $ 5,880.00 (two 5-day excursions in a row)($6,630.00 Herschel Island Excursion)
How do I book?To book your Northern Iconic Experience, contact us at 867-777-8800 or by e-mail: Inuvik.email@example.com.
Anything else I should know?
Questions?Do you have a question we haven’t answered? We would be happy to provide you with more details. Get in touch with us!
867-777-8800 or Inuvik.firstname.lastname@example.org